Monday, August 28, 2017

Olá familia e amigos!!! Tudo bem?

First off, super cool points to the person who can tell me where that quote is from! "Everybody likes parfaits" Sister Truman and I say that so many times in one day, it's ridiculous.

I have officially HIT MY # MONTH MARK!!!! WHOOP WHOOP!!! I have made it 1/6 of the way!!! It's insane! I definitely do not feel like I have been out for 3 months!
Highlights from this week:

We met a man named José and he has been through so so much! He lost his wife, mom, and dad. We tried teaching him, but ended up just listening to him tell us about his life. He was crying the whole way through and it was heartbreaking! We just kept testifying that he was going to see them again in the next life and that would just make him cry harder. He has such a big heart and I know that if he believes what we have to say then he will find happiness and relief. It was absolutely heartbreaking, but we are going to make his life 10000000x better with the truth! Bam!! 
We are teaching a man named Antonio and he met with us in a garden and brought blackberries that he had picked for us! He also brought some homemade jam! He is so sweet! He told us that he walks an hour to the train station to get to church. If that isn't dedication, I have no idea what is. He's incredible and he agreed to be baptized!

I have loved every minute of being here. We have met so many incredible people! I love the people here with my whole heart. It is such an honor to wear Jesus Christ's name on my chest and be His representative here.

I love you all very much and I hope you all have an amazing week!
Sister Restrepo 

Letters:
Apartado 40054
1500 Lisbon Portugal

Month mark celebration with kit kat mcflurry,
lemon pie parfait, and garlic cheesy bread from Dominoes!  
 


 
 The blackberries Antonio gave us!
 
 
ONLY IN PORTUGAL!!
 

 
My little nest near my family!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment