Monday, August 14, 2017

Staying in Cacém!!

Sister Truman and I are staying in Cacém for this next transfer!! Woohoo!!  I AM SO HAPPY!!!!! I love this city and this ward so much!!!!!

We were freaking out because we didn’t want to leave. The next transfers are on September 24th. Half of our district (which are the people that are serving in the same area as us) are leaving to another area, so that is really sad, but it's okay!

I love this area! There is also a bakery that has the best pastries that is literally at the corner of our house and it has been closed since the middle of July. It opens on August 29th so Sister Truman and I were praying we would stay so we could eat something else there at least one more time!! I talk and think about food way too much here.

This week was hot and Sister Truman and I worked lots! It all paid off on Friday! This day was so full of miracles! We had to run, and even sprint, to catch 3 buses today. We would see that the bus was passing us, so we would sprint to catch it and we would every time! Miracles! I have never ran so much in my entire life than I have in the past 6 weeks. 

Sister Truman and I decided to work in a city called São Marcos this day. We hadn't really worked here before because it is pretty far away, but we decided that we should see how it is. We tried to find some people on our lists, but had no luck. We decided to knock some doors where we were and we found a woman that said we could come back another day. We then found Joelma. This woman is incredible. We said we were missionaries and she let us in immediately. She offered us cake and coca cola without us saying anything else. This never happens. Ever. We talked with her and we had a really good lesson with her! She has had a really hard life and it was just really nice to talk to her. She said that she let us in because she felt a really good feeling when she saw us. It was incredible! I was able to feel just a portion of the love that Heavenly Father has for her!

I truly love being here and teaching people about Jesus Christ. These kinds of moments are the moments that make all the rejection and all the tears worth it! I love my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ.

I love you all very very much and I hope you all have an amazing week!

Love,

Sister Restrepo
 
From exchanges with Sister Ramirez last week.
(Excuse the towel on the door)
 
The supermarket that makes my heart beat faster
and my mouth water. They have amazing bread,
of course, and basically all their products are incredible.
It is really hard passing by this supermarket and not walking in.
 
 
I decorated my agenda! I love it!!

 
 
 
I'm obsessed with this house
 

No comments:

Post a Comment