Monday, January 22, 2018

Ola Familia e amigos!

Tem sido uma semana muito boa e gratificante! 

How are y'all doing?? 

This week we had zone conference, so all the missionaries from Miratejo, Barreiro, Setúbal, Seixal, and Vasco de Gama were all together with Presidente and Sister Tavares! It was incredible! I got to see sisters from the MTC there and it was basically a big reunion! I also got to see missionaries I have served with in the past! Presidente Tavares said that he had given a conference with the same topic before and that the missionaries that had the most time on the mission would remember. It was given my first transfer here...... since when am I qualified as the oldest? I feel like I just got here! This mission has lots of new missionaries though. I hit my 8 month mark this week! Where did the time go?? 

We then watched President Nelson, President Oaks, and President Eyring give their first statements and testimonies as the new First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! It was so great to hear from them! I definitely felt that they are called of God to lead this church! 

We went on exchanges with Sister Jardine and Sister Brownell and I stayed in Miratejo with Sister Brownell. She is such a hard worker and already speaks Portuguese so well! This is her first transfer and she is doing so well! It was wonderful to be with her, and she is hilarious! She actually reminded me of Phoebe Rogers lots! 

Sister Anderson the other day wanted to say "sisters gone rogue" but ended up saying "sisters gone Vogue" so every time we changed the plans we had originally done in the morning, we say Sisters gone vogue, or whatever other time. I love her so much! 

This transfer has flown by! We receive transfer calls this Sunday! AHH!! I have definitely learned lots in this transfer and have felt my Heavenly Father's love for me much stronger! I have been feasting on the scriptures and have grown to absolutely love them!!! 

I love you all so so much! 
 
Sister Anderson and I with Vanda (a member of the church)
and her mother who is 101 years old!!!!
 



Graffiti is everywhere. Mirasquad!!
 
 
The view in the morning from our apartment! 
 



Random Pics
 




 
They have these little kiosk things where you can put your letters
 


 
 Sister Anderson got some mash potatoes and Christmas lights
 



 
​This is the lunch I made one day this week :)
 
 
Beautiful Sunset
 
 
During exchanges
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment