Monday, October 9, 2017

Am I speaking English or Portuguese?



Olá Friends and family!!
These past two weeks have been crazy!!!

Loulé is 3 and a half hours away from Lisbon by train or bus and we had to travel that 4 times last week. It was exhausting, but all is well!
Loulé is gorgeous! It's really pretty here and there are 10,000 old people. Not many people want to talk to us, but we are working very hard. There are sooo many tourists. I have spoken a lot of English and it does not make sense at all. My mind tries to translate literally from Portuguese to English and it does not work. I was sent here definitely to speak Portuguese for a reason!  I didn't believe one could like different foods when out on the mission, but I like chocolate and cucumbers now...... what?!?!? 
Being in this region of Portugal is like a different world. The houses/apartments here are super different. There are tourists and older people everywhere. There really isn't much youth here and the weather is super different. It is extremely hot and humid. I was getting excited because it was finally getting cool, but I was sent to the hottest zone. It has definitely given me lots of humility.
We are teaching a person named Jaime. He was taught by the missionaries in the past, and he decided all on his own to quit smoking! He woke up one day (2 months ago) and just decided he would stop, and he did!!! He's incredible!
 
We are also teaching someone named Paulo. That is a super common name here. We have run into at least 6 already. He is going to be baptized on the 21st. We are probably going to make it the 14th because he is super ready! He is super cool and has lots of things going on in his life. It's been rough! He has lots of faith though, and he loved church yesterday! WHOOOOO!!!!
I also had the opportunity to go to Faro for a day to be with Sister McArthur (we were in the MTC together)! It was so good to see her and learn from her! She is an incredible missionary! We also have Sister Jardine here close to us! (Was also in the MTC with us!)

I love you all and hope you all have an amazing week!
Sister Restrepo
Last P-day playing mini golf! With Sister Schlofman,
a senior missionary and my companion, Sister Salas

My new companion Sister Salas and I
 

Sister McArthur and I during the exchange
 
 



A road in Loulé. I'm obsessed with how pretty this city is!!








 


View from our apartment





Random Pics
 













 

No comments:

Post a Comment