Monday, July 24, 2017

Loving Portugal more and more each day!

Hello friends and family!!!

Let me tell you that I absolutely love this country! The food is amazing, the people are so wonderful and kind, the scenery is incredible!

We ride trains here, a lot. We had to buy a pass because we travel by train way too much to be paying each time. We went to a city called Sintra last week and our pass doesn´t work out there, we didn´t know until we got there. I tried to make it through the door with one of the Elders, but it squished my face instead. Today, I saw that the doors were open for a long time, so I decided to go through them, and once I did, it smashed my hips. I think I have learned my lesson.

Monday: My companion, Sister Truman and I deserve a best missionary companionship award. We left both our phone and our keys somewhere. We luckily found both, but we definitely beat ourselves up about it.

Tuesday: We met Anne and she is a young woman that decided to talk to us. She didn´t seem all that interested when we talked to her, but we will definitely continue to see where it leads. She is an awesome girl! We went to go see Auta and her family and I absolutely love them! We played a game with them where they had to get an Oreo from their forehead into their mouth by only using face muscles! It was hilarious! Everytime I am at their house, I feel like I'm with my family! They just make me feel so at home! It was also a really cloudy, breezy day which was definitely a tender mercy!

Wednesday: We met a woman on the street named Paula. I decided to go over to her and talk to her about why we are here and about the message we have. She was interested and took one of our cards. On the back of the card, it had a picture of the Book of Mormon, so she came back to talk to us and asked about the book. Sister Truman had one and gave it to her. We walked away again and Sister Truman really wanted to mark a scripture for her, but we didn't know where she went. A couple minutes later, Paula ran into us and we were able to mark the scripture! What a miracle! We had lunch with some members and they gave us lasagna and we had cantelope as dessert. I cannot stand cantelope, but I ate it nonetheless. We then had dinner later on and guess what they gave us for dessert....... yup. cantelope. It wasn't a small piece either, it was huge!

Thursday: We ate with the Familia Martins. The wife had to run out and give a class, but we were with Brother Martins! He is such an amazing person! He definitely reminds me of my grandpa, a lot. I loved being there for lunch with him. We were feeling a little discouraged this day because we knocked many doors and there were some people that just really did not want to hear anything we had to say, but we found a park and decided to try to find people there. We found two teeneage girls and they decided to let us teach them! They are both really nice and had lots of questions for us. Miracles happen! We also found a woman who told us that we don't believe in the Bible, so she gave us Bible verses to study, and I just thought that was funny because we do believe in it.

Friday: We taught Wandy's cousin, Chiena! she is a really nice and had lots of questions for us. We said an opening prayer and she cried during it, saying that she really enjoyed it. We shared a message with her and she wants to be baptized!

Saturday: We taught Adelaide again! She is such a strong woman and such an example to us. She has been through so much in her life, and yet, she is very strong and faithful! We met a woman named Felisbella and she really opened up to us. She also has been through a lot of heartache and pain in her life. We just shared brief testimonies and asked if we could stop by another time to talk, and she accepted! We also had lunch with a member, and yup, you guessed it... we ate cantelope for dessert. I guess I am going to have to love that fruit.

Sunday: We met an amazing family! The husband is a bishop over a ward in Lisbon, yet they live in Cacém. They moved to Cacém recently and he was already called as a bishop. They have two little kids and they are the cutest kids! The little girl showed all us missionaries all her toys! She is so precious!

I love you all so much and appreciate all the love and encouragement you send my way! Thank you all for your support! I invite you all to seek out how the Lord blesses you everyday and write down those tender mercies!

Love,


Sister Restrepo


Tiny tiny little cars here


We played a game with a family where they had to get an Oreo 
from their forehead into their mouth by only using face muscles! 
It was hilarious!  




There are tons of Renault 4's here. Same as in Colombia  








No comments:

Post a Comment