Monday, December 11, 2017

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Ola Familia e amigos!

First off, I said I was going to do better with the emails, and then I didn't send one last week, I am so so sorry! i am definitely going to try and do better! Whenever I don't send an email, my dad will be uploading pictures on the blog, so go ahead and look at that ad you will be updated :)

Loulé is a really small town and there are always things happening! There was a parade through the town that had Santa Clause at the end. They had Elsa and Snow White and her dwarves there. They closed all the streets so that Santa could come. They also made little Christmas cities so that the kids can go and play. There are Christmas lights everywhere and Christmas music blasting. It is absolutely incredible!

We have had two people baptized recently, William and Edgar! They are so so incredible and have a huge desire to go out and serve the people! William doesn't speak Portuguese and yet, he wants to do everything he can to help! They are both huge examples to me and I am extremely proud of them! It is incredible for me to see the differences that this gospel makes in people's lives! William always gives us some kind of African food after each lesson and it always tastes amazing! African hospitality is the best! Everyday that passes, I love the Portuguese people more and more! They all have their little quirks, but I wouldn't trade them for the world!

We are also teaching a couple who's names are Pamela and Solo. Pamela is from Nigeria and Solo is from Guinea! We are helping them get married and be baptized! They are such incredible people with such big hearts! They're kids were baptized a few years ago and now we are helping them come closer to Christ! I love them!

I am extremely grateful for the opportunity I have to be here in Portugal and meet more people! I come to love the people, the culture, and my Savior more and more each day. There is a video that we shared with Edgar the other day and highly recommend it to everyone! It can be found on youtube or LDS.org, it's called The Hope in God's light!
I love you all very very much!!! 
 

Sister Restrepo 

A cute 85 year old man named Abel that we visit. 
He is adorable!! He always waves to us outside his window when we leave! 
The picture is of him and his wife when they were dating.




A huge walking ornament
 




A nativity made out of almonds in a sardine case.
Can't get more Portuguese than that.
 



We have had two people baptized recently,
William and Edgar!
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment